Friday, August 3, 2012

The Free & Easy Way to get Healthier!


We know you're always looking for ways to be more healthy and in return become happier, so here is a a few easy and free tips we're sure you've heard before but are worth the reminder.
 
Drink water! Water helps your body flush out toxins and replenish your system. Try to completely cut other beverages out and just stick to water, the benefits are endless. 
 
By the time you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated.Dehydration can cause hunger cravings, try drinking a glass of water before eating and wait 15 minutes to see if you're still as hungry as you thought. You may be surprised!
 
A quick rule of thumb as to how much water to drink: 
Take your body weight, divide that by 2, and put "oz." at the end of that total, then drink that amount of water everyday. 
 
 Of course, add onto that if you workout regularly, spend a lot of time in the heat or exert a lot of energy. Try not to drink too much though, this can begin to flush out vital nutrients and vitamins your body needs.
 
Example: Let's say I weigh 175lbs. 175/2= 87.5, so 87.5 oz. is what I would need to drink in a day at a minimum.

I like to use a BPA free reusable water bottle and always have a dry erase marker with me. I use the dry erase marker to mark how many of these bottles I have finished for the day. If my bottle is 18 oz. and I have drank about 5 full bottles in the day, I know I have reached my body's goal and anything else is extra - or to make up for extra energy being exerted. When a new day comes, I just wipe my tallies off and start over!
 
Try it out to see and feel the difference for yourself!
 
(If you'd like to send us photos you've taken around COR for future newsletters, please email them to Casey.corfitness@gmail.com or tag us on Facebook. We'd love to see your photos!)
 
Let us know how you liked this tip by telling us on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment